Monday, August 29, 2005

The Cooling Down

Wow, I haven't posted in a really long time! Sorry 'bout that. But it appears that everyone has taken a bit of a hiatus lately. So I finally moved, and I LOVE my new place! Once I finish painting the walls and decorating, I have to host a dinner party for all you lovely men and women. I've got a dining table that fits 6 and a BBQ courtesy of my friends (and previous tenants here). And this weekend I have been baking fresh apple and blueberry pies as well as mini chicken pot pies. I'm wondering if I really should try out to be Martha's next apprentice. Last week at work was HELL, and the only thing that kept me going was thinking about my mini pies. I found this awesome website called www.notmartha.org that my friend CC linked to her blog. Notmartha.org recommended making pies in your muffin tins, and so far I have not been disappointed! Although I would suggest regular muffin pans vs. mini muffin pans. WIth the mini muffin tins, you get too much crust and not enough filling. Anyhoo, as I write this, I am baking a few more mini fresh blueberry pies and I just finished off 2 apple pies that had crumbled when I was taking them out of the pan. Mmmm.... Apparently I've been losing a good amount of weight, but if I keep up with this baking, I'm going to gain it all back!

Work has been keeping me really busy, I'm pulling in 12 hour days every day, many times more than 12 hrs. Hopefully it'll wind down soon and I can take some time off. It sucks because I really want to start working on some new projects and make them really cool but I'm still stuck on damned Goldfish (code name) that keeps on getting redesigned every day that I feel like everyday I'm taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

I feel like it's been soooo long since I've posted, I feel out of touch. So I'll keep this blog short and ease my way back into a routine. Keep your eyes out for a post about QK soon....

4 comments:

Follow the Frog said...

glad to have you back. Where's G??

ka said...

oh...can you bring in a mini pie for a fellow designer to test out? i am so happy you LOVE your new place :-)

kq said...

KA, I'll bring my last blueberry pie in tomorrow just for you. :)

Y. said...

I want pie too! Can't wait for the blog/housewarming party!