Wow, it's almost been a month without posting! I'm sorry I've been MIA. Work and personal issues get in the way....And I apologize to everyone for not reading anyone else's or commenting. So I completely understand if no one reads this or comments. I won't be offended in the least.
What has been going on for the past month in KQ's life? Well, we got a new VP who is a nightmare in ways and great in others. Either way, it has meant more work for G and I. We're still in that phase, or at least I am, of trying to impress her and get on her good side. Our old design mentor, FS, is now our manager and while she's understanding and sweet, she stresses out way too easily and is always worried that we're making the VP upset. Which in turn makes her upset, and the cycle continues. It's getting better, but it has been a ROUGH month.
Last week I had a terrible scare with my family in Houston with Hurricane Rita, as G can attest. But thankfully they're doing just fine, with a few funny stories to tell from the whole experience. I will try to post another blog with just their stories, they're that good.
On to the juicy stuff: There's a guy who has started volunteering with me at church. My fellow volunteers know of my severe crush on him, and we have dubbed him Questionable K_____ (QK from now on) because we're split down the middle on his sexual orientation. I'm hoping he's straight, for obvious reasons, but some of his fashion choices have caused us to wonder. Wanting to get to know him better but not jeopardize him as a volunteer at church, I've asked QK casually if he wanted to "hang out." He said "sure." Then I invited him to a mutual friend's fondue party. He told me to email him the evite and he'd promise to email me back. So I fwded him the evite and asked if he wanted to hang out the weekend after. No response. A few days later after mass QK apologizes for not going to the party but does not mention "hanging out" whatsoever. A general consensus from everyone has been to give him one more chance, afterwhich to forget all about him. Or just flat out ask if he's gay. Because if someone isn't interested in me, he's gotta be gay. ;) He has asked if I wanted to carpool with him to a training event we have all day Saturday, so we'll see what happens on those long car rides to San Pedro...
My time on match has been quite entertaining and has garnered a couple of interesting suitors, including one who looks like an Asian Lance Armstrong. Alas, that one fell through, but I have a date this Friday with a hilarious gentleman named JS. We spoke on the phone last night and eerily enough, he lives one street over from me. Cool in one respect, but terrifying if he ends up becoming a stalker or I break his heart because I've eloped with QK. Thinking way too ahead? Yeah, I tend to f*ck myself up when I do that. And I do that a lot.
So I have a busy week ahead of me! Tomorrow evening will be devoted to preparing for Wednesday's Veronica Viewing party, Wednesday I've got an appointment with an orthodontist because I ruined my retainer whilst attempting to clean it in boiling water, Friday is my date with JS, and Saturday is the eventful car ride with QK. Wish me luck!
Monday, September 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You still have an audience KQ!
you tart you! going after 2 men at once. hee hee.
good for you. take matters into your own hands and just ask qk if he's a breeder or a 'mo (i expect you to those exact words too)
looking forward to the veronica veiwing party, go pirates!
so glad you're back! I checkd at least 3X a week in your absence...so you still have an audience
i like how QK is your initals backwards.
Post a Comment