Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm melting, meeeeellllllttttttiiiiinnnnggggggg.....

I've given up starting each post with "The." It's just too hard! And it's raining (or was earlier) in SoCal, and it has made me sooo ecstatic, I'm just throwing all the rules out the window. :) Seriously, though, I LOVE rain and it reminds me of the big thunderstorms and floods we get in good ol' Tejas. And my new place has this automatic fireplace that turns on with the flip of a switch, so as soon as I finish writing this post I'm going to curl up next to a warm fire and read until I fall asleep. Ahhh...what a wonderful way to end a Monday!

This weekend was great, G and I got to be models for the remodeled Getty museum, so our lovely faces might grace the cover of brochures, promotional materials, posters around the museum...who knows? In a couple shots, the photographer asked us to hold hands or have G put his arm around me. We responded by giggling hysterically and acting completely immature. But after we regained our composure, it was great. We have to ask JR for the photos, I really want to see how they turned out!! Hopefully well. The new Getty (the one in Malibu) is absolutely breathtaking by the way, and I will be the first to make my reservation 6 months in advance. Orders are starting in November. ML, you've gotta check it out and bring your camera too. Oh, the photo opportunities!

A few weeks ago there were these beautiful rain boots at a boutique in Venice. I should have bought them when I had the chance, they had these cute little kitten heels on them and everything. And the owner said she only had a few pairs left. Me, trying to be the responsible adult, decided to save my money. But every drop of rain that falls is a painful reminder that I am without the cutest rain boots in the world. :( I'm going to try to swing by that shop on Thursday to see if they have any pairs left or if she ordered any more. I'm crossing my fingers they're still there! But with all this rain, I'm sure everyone else was not as stupid as I and they're most likely sold out...:*****( Speaking of shopping, KA I HAVE to go to Fred Segal on Friday afternoon and buy those jeans!!! And the pearl necklace was pretty darling too. And those displays around work are really beautiful. Good job, I'm so proud! And jealous!!

Geez I'm giddy tonight. The rain does something funny to me. On a side note, I went on another date with JS from match.com and had a decent time. But I just don't want to date him, so now I have to give him the "let's just be friends" phone call this week, and I'm dreading it. And QK is vacationing in Europe for the rest of October, so I will have gone without seeing him for over a month. Why is dating---or lack thereof---so complicated?

7 comments:

ka said...

KQ, if you don't have luck finding rain boots in that Venice boutique, check out Target (good ole target).....heard they have some cute rain boots.

gald you like my displays!! am so happy that they are getting such a good response. You should swing by FS this weekend cuz there are some really cute peices in the LUXE line.

Y. said...

I've learned early on that it's best to buy and then return then to never buy at all. =)

vitamin g said...

too bad about the rain boots, i'll cross my fingers the place still has them. there always all that cute stuff in swell that can make you feel better :)>

y, you are a wise woman. i think that is my new motto in life.

Follow the Frog said...

I'm so glad you're still posting KQ. I've missed our little blog network. G...where are you??

kq said...

Wow, I expected maybe 1 or 2 responses, but 4! All of my blog buddies responding in my time of shoe distress! :)

Still wanna have a blog buddy party at my place. Anyone interested?

Follow the Frog said...

I am. Things quiet down for me in November but I still have classes on Tuesday and Thursday night. Aside from that, I'm pretty open.

Y. said...

Yesssss! Blog buddy party!!