Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Saying farewell

So my sisters called me on Sunday morning to tell me my grandfather was admitted into the hospital. They called throughout the day, and he passed away that evening. I don't know why, maybe it's because I'm all the way over here in L.A. and everyone else is in Houston, but I'm not that sad. Of course when I go home and see all the tears and attend the funeral I'm sure I'll cry too. But I'm honestly happy that he has moved on. Is that wrong of me? I knew that he had wanted to go for quite awhile now, since he had a stroke. So he no longer has to suffer. He's finally at peace. I don't know how hard this must be for my grandmother, and I haven't really heard from my dad. Everyone has been so great in expressing their condolences, and that's been so sweet. But I'm starting to feel guilty that I'm not as sad as everyone expects me to be. Maybe I'm still in shock...

2 comments:

Follow the Frog said...

Hey KQ. I'm sorry about your grandfather. I know how you feel though...sometimes I don't feel sad when someone has moved on (especially if their health has been depleting and they've been in pain). I feel sad for the people left behind that are sad, but I don't feel sad for the passing itself. And then I feel really guilty. Sometimes when I go to funerals and everyone is crying I feel like I should start crying just so I don't seem unfeeling. And the only way I can get myself to cry is if I think about how I would feel if someone I loved died. It makes me feel so bad.

Y. said...

I'm sorry KQ.