Dating sucks. Maybe this is why I've avoided it for so long. Because I'm awful at it! Well, I take that back. I'm not entirely horrible at it, otherwise these guys I've dated wouldn't ask for a second date. I'm awful because I go on dates with guys I'm not very attracted to, and sure enough, the date doesn't go so well and I'm the one who has to end it. Now, I've only gone on 2 recently, which isn't very much at all, so I can't say all dating sucks. But I've learned that I honestly have to be attracted to the guy's photo and profile from now on before agreeing to meet them in person. Case in point #1) Lazy Eye Guy. Guess we'll just call him LEG? Yeah. Not attracted to his photo, but he seemed decent looking and his profile sounded like we had a lot in common. Met him for coffee, he's about my height, aged 10 yrs since his photo, gained about 20 lbs since his photo, and had a lazy eye. I didn't know where to look for half the date! And then at one point his eyes did focus on me and it freaked me out. I shouldn't be so judgmental, my poor little cousin has a lazy eye too. :( But it's not like I'm going to date my cousin, and I'm not going to date LEG! If he had this wonderful personality to overshadow his physical appearance, then maybe. But no, he sorta put himself down the whole time. I like to use Jack Black as an example. Not an attractive guy by normal standards. But he is just so friggin' hilarious, that I would date him (then again, he's married now, but you get my point).
Date 2 was better, at least he looked like his photo. And he's originally from Texas and works for a 3-D animation company, so he definitely sounds good on paper. Or on screen, as the case may be. But we just didn't connect, or at least I didn't feel any sparks. I cursed QK for his "thunderbolt" theory, but there IS some validity to it, I've realized. There has to be SOME kind of chemistry. Or hilarity. And trust me, this guy was no Jack Black. I just sent an email about 10 minutes ago to Date #2 saying "sorry, but we could be friends...". Ugh, I hate being the bearer of bad news. I looked down the entire time I wrote the email wincing, because I just feel so guilty letting guys go. But I have to affirm myself that it's better to do it now then say "Well, I guess we could date and maybe you'll grow on me..."
And then there's that new show on ABC, I think, called "How to Get the Guy." Their first tip was to do online dating. I just watched tonight's episode, which is #3, so I missed how they found their dates exactly online. How is it, though, that just after 3 episodes, 3 out of the 4 women have already found attractive men with chemistry? What am I doing wrong? Granted, I'm guessing this show is at least 13 episodes long which means something must go wrong with their relationships within the next few episodes....mwuhahhaha. I'm evil. ;)
Monday, June 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hang in there KQ! I think it's very mature of you to let these guys know you're not interested, as opposed to ignoring them altogether and hoping they'll get the hint. Um, not that I've ever done taht before or anything. =)
Haha, I've tried the ignoring thing but sometimes those guys just can't take a hint. Brutally honest, that's my goal. ;)
Post a Comment