Monday, June 19, 2006

Somebody's Got a Case of the Mondays...

Ugh, did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed today. I was tossing and turning all night. And I had a really weird dream that I was Veronica Mars and was in love with Weevil, and he made his PCH buddies protect me, and I couldn't get my mystery-solvin' skills on. So because of these crazy dreams, I woke up an hour late. I would have called in sick, but I had too much to do today, which made me even grumpier to realize that I couldn't even be sick if I wanted to. :( But regardless of all of that, I had an awesome weekend hanging out with my friends. On Saturday, I watched "A Prairie Home Companion" with G and his boy toy, then we met up with KA for dinner at this trendy spot by my apt called Ford's Filling Station. Waited an hour for a table, but the food was tasty, albeit a bit on the pricey side. On Sunday, I met up again with KA at Jin Patisserie and had an unpleasant experience with G, who text messaged me that he and M had broken up. I called him, only to realize he was playing a mean joke. Evil twin, evil evil twin. Sunday night I met up with my old college roommates and smoked hookahs for close to 3 hours straight. Which probably explains why I had such wild dreams last night and overslept this morning. Huh....

So I met with this therapist twice, and he basically told me there's nothing wrong with me, I just haven't put myself out there enough. Which I know everyone has told me, but I just had to hear it from an unbiased professional. I'm not going to go back anymore, because I really don't need it, but it was an interesting experience nonetheless. And because of his advice, I AM trying to put myself out there a little more.

I went out on a date a few weeks ago with a guy from match, ER. I wasn't attracted to his photo at all, but he seemed like an interesting enough guy, and I was wondering if I was unlucky in relationships because I was superficial. We met for coffee, and I must admit that yes, I AM superficial. ER was my height, had gained about 20 lbs since his photo, aged about 10 years, and had a lazy eye which focused on me occasionally during the evening. There might have been a second date had I found him remotely interesting, but alas, no connection whatsoever. He emailed me last week seeing if I wanted to hang out again. Instead of being the wuss that I usually am and telling him I was moving, I told him the truth. Haven't heard from him since. :)

Started chatting with another guy from match, DN. Again, not so attracted to his photo, so we'll see...

I've already experienced a perk of putting myself out there a litte more. KA and I went along with a coworker to a concert last Tuesday and met said coworker's cute friends. I think one in particular is quite a cutie, told my coworker, and we're supposed to see him again tomorrow night. Very premature to even be mentioning it, but I always get my hopes up when a cute guy crosses my path. Wish me luck, hopefully I won't catch a bad case of the Tuesdays....

2 comments:

Y. said...

I'm glad you're back out there and active - you sound so much more upbeat and positive!

Also glad to see you're posting more than once every couple of months. =)

Follow the Frog said...

I think it's great you're trying to put yourself out there more. But also, I think it's great that you were honest with that guy.