I can't believe I did it today, but I did. I resigned. I knew it was coming, GS and KA knew it was coming too. But it's just so different when you actually have to sit across from your manager and tell her. She started crying, I started crying. There wasn't much to say. But we're not going to announce it officially until next week. So Vitamin, Krispy, you can't say anything!!!! I didn't have a chance to tell my VP tonight, but I wanted to. I let my manager (FS) do it, apparently the VP said "Fuck." That made me feel happy in a very eeeevil way.
FS asked if there was anything they could do to make me stay. Jokingly we said that if TW (new guy I like. Can you believe he's asian?) confessed his love for me and begged me to stay, then I would. FS said she would march downstairs and beg TW to do it. But yeah, like that's really going to happen!
Seriously though, I am excited about leaving, but also sad and guilty that I'm leaving everyone behind. For those who don't know and still occasionally read my blog, I gave 3 weeks notice. Then I'll be back in TX to help my sister plan her wedding. I'll be back in February to do this big t-shirt gig I have, then officially moving back to TX for good by the end of March.
Crazy stuff happening.........
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had no idea all that was going on! I'm sad that you're leaving LA but excited for the upcoming changes in your life - hope you keep blogging and keep us up to date! Good luck!
As for resigning, I went through the same thing. I cried as I told the three partners I worked for, cried some more as I told the two managing partners of the office, and pretty much continued crying for the rest of the day as they all tried to convince me to stay.
Wow...Crazy. I didn't know/forgot that you were going to move back to TX for good soon-ish! We'll miss you. You have to blog more when you're gone so we can keep up on everything!
Post a Comment