Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Darn that Dream

I came across an old poem that I liked. I'll share it with all of y'all:

Darn that dream, I dream each night
You say you love me and you hold me tight,
But when I'm awake you're out of sight
Oh darn that dream.

Darn your lips, darn your eyes
They lift me high above the starry skies
Then I tumble out of paradise
Oh darn that dream

Darn this one-tracked mind of mine
It can't understand that you don't care
Just to change the mood I'm in
I'd welcome a nice old nightmare

Darn that dream, and bless it too
Without that dream I would never have you
But it haunts me and it won't come true
Oh, darn that dream.

Sad, huh? But really beautiful too. I recently bought a collection of Emily Dickinson's poems too (at a half-off bookstore!), maybe I'll share some of those too.

So I'm settling in slowly but surely into my new life in Houston. Things have been pretty laid back, the weather's been crap so it's a good excuse to spend a lot of time indoors in my PJs. :) But I realized today, it was 1pm and I was still in my exercise clothes and hadn't showered. That's not good. I really need to get back on a rigid schedule. My new plan is to have breakfast, exercise, shower, and meditate (I'm on the whole "Secret" vibe right now) all before 9:30 am. Yeah, I don't know if that'll happen, but I'm gonna try!

1 comment:

Follow the Frog said...

Hey KQ! Thanks for your comment recently (while I was gone). My personal email is my first and last name, all one work, at hotmail.com. KA can hook you up if you don't know my last name. I'm glad to hear you're settling in to your new home! I am in the midst of "settling out" of my current one. A very unsettling process, actually. At the moment, i am supposed to be boxing up my closet...so I am catching up on here instead.