Monday, October 29, 2007

You know you're in Texas when...

...a woman threatens to beat her child right in front of you. True story. I was at the zoo this weekend with my little niece when this little blonde girl, who couldn't have been more than 5, walked towards me crying. No one seemed to claim her, so I asked her, "Are you lost?" "Now she ain't!" came the retort next to me, by this snippish butch woman. I walked in front of them, eavesdropping on this redneck woman chastising the poor, sobbing little girl, "You better be glad we're in public, otherwise I'dve beat you!" But it gets better! They met up with another butch woman who said, upon seeing them, "Did ya beat her?" Yeah....living in the South is greeeeaaaat sometimes.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I was in sunny California for a few weeks for t-shirt biz stuff. I got to hang out with G and KA a few times, which was much much MUCH fun! I miss hanging out with them and talking about tv and work gossip. I was living in Apply Valley, capitol of nothing fun and everything dry. It took me 3 hours one morning to drive down to Los Feliz to have breakfast with a friend, and I ended up having to drive to Vegas in order to catch a flight back to Houston because the air quality and fires were still raging near the freeways I needed to take down to Ontario. But all in all, a fun trip. Next week we head to Ohio for another t-shirt show, which should be good, fingers crossed!

No comments: