Today, actually for a few weeks now, I've had this feeling of "meh." G introduced me to this word, apparently from the Simpsons. So everything that's just so-so is just meh. I don't know what's wrong with me. Am I just PMSing? Possibly. Still burnt out from work even though I was gone from the office for 8 days? Perhaps. It's so weird. Usually I'm emotional about SOMETHING, optimistic about who-knows-what, but lately I've felt so blah. Just meh. There's a lot of things transitioning in my life. I have to find an apartment and move and change my address and cancel my bills and all that stuff in just 3 measly weeks, and I'm really worried about that. Today I vowed I would find a place, but after only 2 hours of driving around the south bay, I feel like giving up. I went to Lickity Split and cheered myself up a little with a root beer float, but the feeling of euphoria didn't last too long. I begin my search again tomorrow, hopefully with higher spirits. At work, 7 people have given their resignation in, like, 2 weeks, and there's supposedly a round of layoffs coming up, so that doesn't make one feel very good about their employment either. I'm not worried about being laid off or anything. I'm actually more worried about the increase of work that will be thrown on us. And my stupid boss KISS just blew the rest of our budget for the year (mind you, it's only mid-July), so we can't do any more fun "team outings" or expense "trend shopping" items, I'm guessing. And for one of the projects I work on, we hire an outside illustrator to do all the drawings. He isn't too expensive, but he ain't free, so I don't know how we're going to continue paying him...Well, actually, maybe going over our budget isn't such a bad thing. We'll just keep having to go over our budget and then maybe, MAYBE, the company will realize that KISS is a bad boss and fire him.
Sorry this post isn't very fun or happy, I wish I had something more entertaining to write about. Maybe next time!
Saturday, July 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey KQ. Sorry to hear you're "meh" right now. I think everyone goes through it. I'm usually a pretty upbeat, positive person too, but I definitely go through "meh" phases, usually for no discernable reason. It'll pass and you'll be back to your bouncy self in no time. In the meanwhile, keep your spirits up and make sure your friends drag you out of the office occasionally!
hi KQ. I'm sorry about your "meh" phase. I feel "meh" today too. And while I can come up with a couple of small reasons for my "meh-ness," I don't really have too much of one either. It sort of sucks.
let's all remember who broght meh into your vocab, that's right me. i expect thank yous in the mail :)
and i say meh to your meh. j/k and if your PMSing you've been doing so for like a month, i think that excuse is too convenient for you girls.
just "walk it off" :)
i'm sure making fun of all the ridiculous nerds tomorrow will help cheer you up!
Post a Comment