Friday, July 22, 2005

The Neverending Story of my life

Search for a new apartment, search for a boyfriend, search for a new apartment, keep searching for that special someone. It's a vicious cycle that is consuming my life! Why can't I have both? Why can't I find either? Why is it so hard in this booming capitalistic society? ML's post has stirred up my feelings of...I don't know what, but feelings.
I keep dancing around the subject of am I going to move at the end of this month (which would be next week, yikes!!) or extend my lease 'til next month. I've finally decided to suck it up, save the cash, and pack like mad and store all my stuff somewhere and live with SW for a month. Turns out there's a storage place right down the street from me in Venice, so I think I'll be making nightly trips there to dump my junk. I've come to this conclusion (very late) because: a) I'll be saving $1500 which is a BUTT LOAD of money that I could spend on something much nicer than my shady apartment, b) I get to hang out with SW, a really cool designer who has become G's and my mentor (she got him the job at M, which then got me the job), c) I'm trying to take the reins of my life and stop procrastinating. Even though it comes at a really bad time at work, and I'll probably not sleep at all this next week, I think this is the right decision. I hope this is the right decision. And even though this means I'll have to essentially move twice (once to the storage place, once to my new place), I don't have THAT much stuff, so it shouldn't be too bad. So wish me luck! If anyone's free next weekend who wants to get a good arm workout, ring me up!

2 comments:

Follow the Frog said...

Even though moving is a pain, it sounds like you have good logic behind the decision. And if it feels right, it probably is. Good for you! Take the reins!

5 By 5 said...

Change can be fun, and it sounds as if this move wis the starting point in change for you, so that's good.

If I'm not too busy, I'll definitely help you out!