Sunday, October 23, 2005

DSW, you're my hero

I realized I was getting a little bit too enthusiastic about shopping (i.e. the Barbie jeans, the rain boots, the regular boots, etc.), so I decided to start at DSW first to redeem my $25 coupon and hoped that would fix my shopping frenzy. How wrong was I! Those tricky marketing geniuses of DSW. They reel you in by waving these coupons in front of your face, so you go in thinking "Hey, $25 bucks! That's basically a free pair of shoes!" And you walk out 2 hours later with 5 pairs tucked under your arms, your head bent a little lower, and your wallet a few hundred dollars lighter. But I don't regret buying any of them, and before this weekend my "Winter collection" of shoes consisted of one pair of black boots, so really, this shoe spree was a long time coming. And I should be expecting another $25 off coupon in the mail shortly because of my large purchase. Ah, the vicious shoe-buying cycle continues.

3 comments:

Follow the Frog said...

shoes. What fun! You shoudl read my post from today. Well, I haven't posted it yet but it is about shoes too.

Y. said...

Yay! You'll have to throw your blog buddies party soon so we can all come over and admire your new shoes! =)

Y. said...

Um, new post KQ? It's November!!