Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Movie Plug

Wow, posting again! Forgot to mention that G and I saw "Sky High" on Friday night. We're both secretly 14 year old girls in love with the idea of superheroes, so this movie was right up our alley! And surprisingly, it did not disappoint. I actually loved it! It was cheesy but in a funny way, it didn't take itself seriously, great covers of 80s songs in the background, some pretty cool special effects, and great casting. Speaking of casting...the guy who plays Warren Peace (see? what a cute name!) is brutally hot. Too bad he's only 19. But seriously. I googled him (Steven Strait if y'all wanna look him up), my favorite past time, and it turns out he's some high fashion model-turned-actor. He's got the lead role in a new Lions Gate film called Undiscovered with Ashlee Simpson (gag), he sings, went to catholic military boarding school, is into reading american lit, geez, why can't guys like this exist in my neck of the woods? (But read previous post to see how even if they DID exist, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.) Always crushing on the impossible. That's my life story. Anyhoo, I want to see this movie again if anyone else is interested. But please forgive my drool puddle on the sticky movie theater floor. :)

6 comments:

Y. said...

I totally want to see that movie! If you don't find someone to go with, the next time I have a free weekend (sometime in 2006?), we'll have to go. =)

kq said...

KA wants to see it too, and G wants to watch it again. Maybe this coming weekend if you're free and in between my moving?

Y. said...

Sounds good! I'd love to see it. Maybe as part of the post Babydolls bash, getting over the hangovers events on Sunday?

vitamin g said...

i wanna go! me likely the young men w/ super powers, especially the ones w/ the power of "hotness"! :)

5 By 5 said...

Sven and I just saw it tonight, it was so cool! Although Sven didn't enjoy the covers, he thought they were a little too 'kidz bop', lol. This movie is destined to be one of my guilty pleasures, like Elvira or Hocus Pocus.

PS: I wanna see it again too! And it seems like all the cool kids are going, I wanna be cool too!

ka said...

i totally want to see it, but this weekend is booked full of fun stuff....after the sunday recovery time we are going to the jack johnson concert :-)

KQ....good to have your posting again. it's nice to have somthing to read as i scarf my lunch at my desk ;-)