Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Unexpected Company

Sorry, my life hasn't been very exciting lately, no big romantic links, fashion themes, or words of the day whenever I feel like it. :) But a little quirk that broke up the monotony of my usual work week: my cousin MC with whom I haven't had an actual conversation with in over 5 years called me yesterday after lunch. He was on his way to HK for a mission trip but had forgotten his passport back in TX. Poor kid. First time traveling abroad. So he had a delayed layover at LAX until midnight, got my number from his mom and rang me up. I picked him up, fed him some In N Out, and let him crash at my place until I was done with work. Then we went out to dinner and I showed him around the beach towns a little bit. We also watched the season premiere of The Surreal Life which was REALLY GOOD, and I dropped him back off at the airport at 10pm. Point to my story was I don't know if it was "fate," as KA has recently experienced, but it was actually a really nice evening and it turns out he and I had a lot more in common than I realized. He IS a blood relative, so I guess it's a given that we would share some common interests, but anyhoo. Good thing I live so close to the airport and that I was free to hang out with him.

Still haven't settled upon a new apartment, 2 weeks left, starting to get really nervous. I can extend the lease of my current place and pay week to week, so I definitely think I'll have to do that. Even if I can find a place in time, at least I'll be able to move progressly rather than having to clear out my entire place in a day or two.

So I have started talking to this guy from match, it's still very new so I don't want to dwell on it too much, but so far we seem to be interested in the same sort of things. But he asked the same thing that all of us single girls hate: "So why are you single?" I mean, it was veiled in a nicer way, but still...I was itching to say "stupid boys," but I restrained myself. :) Will keep you posted.

G, Vitatwin, Sven, and I head out to Comic Con this weekend. G and I are only going for Friday, but I'm getting excited. A paid vacation away from work! And I get to hang out with a convention center full of smelly nerds who only come out of their rooms once a year. Woohoo! But seriously, it's bound to be a ton of fun. Hanging out with G+V+S=12 hours of hilarity.

2 comments:

ka said...

that's so cool you got to hang out with and get to know your cousin. i love spontaneous things like that! I'm sure the apartment you liked will come through....you have lot's of us crossing our fingers for you and sending good apartment hunting energy ;-)

P.S.
i know you are not talking to me....but i have to start editing video thing this friday because it's due NEXT FRIDAY....i am freaked out and can't go.....sorry i can't make it to the nerd fest :-(

vitamin g said...

we always aim to please, the witty gay banter never ends when the 3 of us are together!.

and what is this news of a guy? why have i been told nothing of it? i fell offended... i may just have to "lose" you in the sea of nerds tomorrow and laugh quietly as they devour you.

and ka, we love you even though you have both physically and emotionally abondon as since moving to the tower. i kid. we love to give you a hard time. don't work too hard and i hope you get everything done!