So I am sooooooooo exhausted from my brainstorming trip to Catalina. Loads of fun, not a lot of brainstorming. And even though I'm so tired, I know that if I don't write now, then I'll forget all the fun little tidbits. So sit back kiddies and enjoy the ride, because when I'm tired, I tend to ramble. So this post will go on for a looong time. (and apparently when I'm tired I like to begin sentences with the word "so")
Yesterday morning started off early, since G and I had to be on the ferry by 8:30am. For he and I, this feat was difficult. We started out a little late, and then G had to run into work because he was working on a super secret project that he wanted to present on the trip. Racing and cursing down the freeways going way over the speed limit, we actually made it to the dock in plenty of time. The hour long boat ride was surprisingly fun. Very windy and cold, but overall a nice time. In the middle of the trip, the captain slowed the boat down so the dolphins could play in the wake of the ship. There were literally hundreds of dolphins "surfing" behind us. It was awesome! I have never seen so many dolphins before. The best were the baby dolphins that would jump up every once in awhile. G and I and the rest of the marketing girls were squealing like little kids.
As soon as we landed, we walked to the (very beautiful) hotel and started "working." By 4:30, we headed to the beachhouse the company rented and did some more "team bonding" by having a mixed drinks contest. Each table had to create a drink and serve it to 3 of our bosses. One group found an old fish bowl complete with shells under a bathroom sink and filled it with their turquoise alcohol. Another melted marshmallows on top and called it "floam." Neither won the contest. After the results, it became an open bar. Imagine over 50 toy ranch professionals in the middle of the afternoon drinking shots after shots toasting them "To the new plant in China!" It also escalated into thunderous chants of various people's names to do Kahlua body shots. Nice. But not so nice for KQ, as I proceeded to head back to my room, bright red, and feeling really sick. That would be hugging the toilet #1.
Made it back in time for dinner, sat down with everyone, but ran up to the restroom soon after. Porcelain rollercoaster ride #2. I thought it wise to head back to the hotel for some R&R. G said that after dinner they would head back to the beach house for some good 'ole karaoke and he would call me. #3. By now I'm wondering if I actually have a severe case of bulemia. I fall asleep, 10:30pm I wake up. No phone call from G! Turns out, they never left the restaurant because there was a karaoke bar there too. In the 3 hours I was away, G has turned into the drunkest, most hilarious gay man alive. And he found a new best friend and found it necessary to scream her name every 2 seconds. I also missed his lively solo rendition of "Like a Virgin" which apparently had everyone wetting themselves. I swear, I have never seen a man get so much action in an hour. Both the ladies and the men couldn't get enough G-love! Unfortunately, in my groggy, hungover state I couldn't remember all the memorable quotes, but I do remember G holding a drink in each hand up to his face and squealing with delight and him picking a new best friend (the VP of design) because she had a "bigger rack."
We eventually made it back to the hotel and the group decided it was time to get into the jacuzzi. But it was locked, so everyone had to scale the gate (that was 2 feet away from a 40 foot drop to the ground) to get in. I tried to pull G away and get him to rest, but he couldn't resist the "man soup" on the other side. Seriously, it came down to 4 guys in their skivvies with all of us girls just watching from the other side of the gate. Eventually BR came with fries, which taunted the girls to scale the gate. I was too tired and felt another wave of nausea coming on, so I had to miss out on all the fun. From what I hear, G had a great time "window shopping." :) Hellooo #4, said I, before finally getting some rest.
When all was said and done, I woke up feeling just fine and G was great after a shower. AND he remembers all the events of the night (I have pictures in case he forgets...). I swear, it must be the German/Norwegian in him because there is no way any normal person could handle all that liquor. And despite all the partying, we actually came away with a LOT of new ideas and a ton of new friends. And no more drinking for KQ ever again.
I can't believe we were only gone for a day and a half because it seriously feels like weeks since I've been in my apartment. And now my head is beginning to spin a little, I feel like I'm still on the ferry on the way back home, so with that I must bid you adieu. Tomorrow I'm off to Tejas, yeehaw!
Thursday, June 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great story! Hope your next trip is fab.
Post a Comment