So I saw DP at the Friday night dinner. He looked very nice, as usual. But I don't know...I'm thinking of throwing in the towel on this one. I just don't think he's that into me. My friends, however, seemed to have taken different sides: KA seemed emphatically against it at lunch today. Yesterday G said it's his loss (aww, thanks!), and my friend CC said although he was definitely "crush worthy," it was time to move on. So now I am reaching out to my blog support group to ask for advice. Here's the situation: so I've seen DP a few times at different things, mainly Habitat, and it's just been sort of polite conversation. We've also had a few email exchanges but again, nothing at a friendly, super casual level. I was hoping to chat more with him on Friday and actually work up the courage to ask him out for fair-trade coffee, but my seeing him this weekned basically consisted of: him sitting with his volunteer group at a table, me sitting at another table. He seemed to be quite chatty and telling different stories, everyone laughing. Didn't really want to interrupt, so nothing happened. Then later, saw him downstairs chatting with a girl and a guy, again didn't want to interrupt. And I'm pretty positive he could see me in his peripheral vision, so at any point he could have approached me and said hello. The program started and everyone was quiet while they handed out awards. At this point, FINALLY, as he passed right in front of me without saying anything to get water, he turned around to come back, I made eye contact with him, so on his way back to his friends he whispered hi to me, we hugged, and then he walked away. After the program I looked around and he was gone.
So I never had a chance to really talk to him. I guess if I wanted to butt my way into conversations I could. But I never feel comfortable doing that. My feeling is that if he was remotely interested in getting to know me better, he would have at least said a few more sentences to me. And I have a sneaking suspicion that had I not made eye contact with him, he would have blown me off altogether. Plus, normally when I see him I'm in my dirty, work out clothes shoveling dirt, no make up, hair tied back. But on Friday I got especially dolled up in a super cute outfit with my hair all nice and shiny and nicely applied makeup. And I still got Nothing.
What more can I do?
Monday, June 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well, I think it's blatantly obvious that he's a raging homo. There really is no other explanation is there? I don't think so.
I don't think him not talking to you necessarily means complete non-interest. I just think he probably has no idea you like him and he perhaps has not ever considered liking you in that way either. That DOESN'T mean he couldn't or doesn't think you're attractive, just that it might not have crossed his mind. Sometimes guys are like that. And I'm not making that up...REAL guys have told me this.
I agree with 5 by 5. Clearly he doesn't like women. =)
i am in agreement with ML....like i said yesterday at lunch.....he may give you no sign that he's interested, but do you? how is he susposed to know you are interested. FYI guys usually don't pick up on anything subtle.
Thanks for the good advice, guys and gals! So I guess I'll just keep up my persistence to discover if he's gay or just oblivious. ;)
Post a Comment