Friday, June 10, 2005

The "In" Crowd

Okay, so I finally succumbed to creating a blog! I don't know how exciting this will be, the pressure might be too much for me to write something clever or have a funny story of the day. What's up with the name of my blog, you may ask? Well, the other pkg nerds out there might know, but for the rest of y'all: a 9LWW stands for 9 languages, world wide. These can sometimes be the bane of my design existence. In my line of work, you design these really beautiful packages to be sold to domestic retailers. And then here comes the international demand. Somehow you're expected to cram 9 different languages onto this one little box and have it still look decent (and sellable). I think that's a beautiful metaphor for life. You start out with the best of intentions and aim for theses wonderfully thought out goals. Everything has a place, every element just right. And then others load you down with their expectations, requirements, and before you know it, you're a 9L. Same on the inside, but horribly complicated and confusing on the outside.

Wow, pretty deep! Hopefully I'll have something a bit more exciting to write in my next post. I'm pooped. This one really wore me out!

3 comments:

Y. said...

Yay! So excited to have another blog to follow. With an increasing community of cyber-friends, I may give up on real friends altogether and become a shut-in. =) Please just shove a twinkie under my door occasionally.

kq said...

Hey Y! I was about to go comment on yours too! :)

Follow the Frog said...

hey KQ! Welcome to the blog world! Yippee....it's gonna be wild and crazy. Just kidding...probably more nerdy and mundane but what the hay, all the cool kids are doing it...; )