So I finally gave in (wow, I'm really bad when it comes to peer pressure) and registered at match.com. After hearing a coworker's success story and ML taking the plunge, I figured it might not be too bad. So I've gotten a few winks and an email, and you would think that would give my self confidence a boost, but...is this terrible to say? The guys that are winking at me and the one who emailed weren't such fabulous catches. If anything, they kinda make me feel WORSE about myself. Like, this is who is attracted to me? Maybe match.com wasn't such a good idea afterall.
On another subject about crushes (and there will be a lot, so please tell me when it's become out of hand), I saw my Habitat 4 Humanity crush (DP) yesterday at church. I've only actually hung out with this guy at build sites a few times but we've emailed a bit too (all times based around church volunteering, however). He's also in the design field, super cute, really sweet, but we just don't move in the same circles. And the few times I have had contact with him, I've always been to chicken to ask him out. Or pass him a note. :) And I'm afraid my attraction to him is just physical.
So anyway, yesterday I saw him at the end of mass and realized he was there to help coordinate the blood drive. Now one of my friends just so happened to be donating blood, so I quickly volunteered to be his "moral support." Is that bad of me as well? Doing something "charitable" but really for my own selfish reasons? But it was to no avail anyway. DP stood outside the whole time on his cell phone while I ate Cheezits inside while watching blood drip out of my friend. And then as we left, I saw him talking to the co-coordinator of the blood drive and didn't really want to interrupt so I just didn't say anything at all. Maybe it's just not meant to be. Maybe he's just a jerk, because I'm pretty sure he saw me and could have easily said hi or coerced me into giving a pint (which would have been really easy for him because clearly I give in way too quickly to peer pressure).
On a positive note, my evil boss, KISS, left work today at 11am to do "in store checks" which I'm praying stands for "going on another job interview." Cross your fingers!
Monday, June 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment