So I didn't get the apartment. DB was nice enough to email me back today and say that another guy "threw money at them" so they couldn't resist. It's fine. I think it's easier to find an apartment than a quality singl guy anyway. So with some help from G, I emailed him back:
"Hey D (I put his real name here, but for the sake of anonymity),
Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. I can't say I'm not a tad disappointed because your place was really nice. But no problem, I've still got time before my lease ends. It was nice meeting you last night, and if you ever want to hang out sometime, give me a call. My number's on my business card. ;)
Have fun in Vegas and good luck with your toy company!"
It was Vitamin G approved, and he actually hit "Send" for me because I was too nervous. D's probably in Vegas so he won't get this until later. We'll see if he responds!
In other news, we had a huge, long ass presentation today. It was the boys and girls pkg groups presenting their new projects to each other. But the boys went first and took forever and a day, so by the time it got to the girls group, we had already been sitting in the room for 2 hrs. KISS and his puppet went first and KISS bombed, as usual. We were supposed to talk for 3 minutes each. He talked for at least 10, I would say. But it's not just that he took too long, it's that he basically squeezed 15 bullet points (with about 3 sentences under each bullet point) onto 1 ppt page and read the entire thing out loud. And it was stuff that everyone already knew. It was painful. Oh, and he gets really nervous when he speaks (which shouldn't happen when he's an art director!), so as one of my co-workers so eloquently said, "I couldn't tell if he was going to faint or have an orgasm." So of course, guess who gets to present after him? Yours truly! Fortunately I had my shit together and ran through my 2 brands in the alotted 6 minutes. Might have gone over a little bit...But everyone afterward said I did a great job (yay, doing well in front of all the bosses!), was confident, really had passion about my brands, and revived the presentations. Woohoo! (Giving self pat on the back.) There was also a little cutie who works on the boys side (KA, it's not the phantom hottie. No idea what happened to him). This guy is a copywriter, looks pretty young, not a hottie per se, but I dunno, he was kinda cute! G says he has a big nose, which is true, but it's not as bad as PH's hawk nose (and french tipped teeth)! So anyhoo, I was glad that I didn't bomb in front of him either. And who know's? Maybe I made an impression on him... On another happy note, KISS is gone on vacation for an entire week and a half! It's time to par-tay!!!
"Kept" is on VH1 tonight. If you guys haven't seen this show, definitely check it out! It's about all these guys competing to be JH's boy toy. I know it sounds like just another reality show, but really, she teaches them about etiquette and manners and how to deal with the paparazzi and the life of a celebrity. Grace under pressure, fashion, everything. It's great! And JH is actually much cooler than I thought she'd be. So if you're home on a Thursday night like I am, watch it!
Thursday, June 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats! On the brave email and the presentation! =)
KQ...if you find a great apt, you always need to have a check book handy and be a little agressive if you love the place .....that's how i got my ocean view apt in redondo. live and learn girlfriend....besides, now you can just date the cutie and not wory about having to be roomates!!!
i knew you would kick butt on the presentation (am sure G did too). i wanted to go down to the presentaion room just to watch KISS bomb!
That's okay, KA. Although the view was great, laundry facilities and parking are pretty high on my list as must-haves. Plus, as you said, now I can date the cutie rather than having him as a roommate! Let's see if he responds before I jump to conclusions though.
I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities to watch KISS bomb, no worries. Plus, I wouldn't want you to have to sit through hell like G and I did.
I hope I get a job near you guys soon. I would love to confuse the hell out of people, that would be fun. You know, have them come up to me and say stuff, and I'd just be like, "I have no idea what you're talking about", "Who are you?", or my personal fave "Not G" (sorry ka!). lol.
That really had nothing to do with your post did it? Umm, hope you find a place you like soon!
There that's enough effort, you aren't that special.
Post a Comment