Friday, June 17, 2005

The Diarrhetic Seagull

So if you haven't noticed by now, I'm trying to start all my posts with the word "The." It's getting harder and harder. Not sure if the spelling is right in today's title. A seagull that has diarrhea. That's what it looked like on my car after work today. I just got my car washed last week, and it still looked pretty good. So imagine my horror today when I approach Gus Gus (my car's name) and find this HUGE white bird poop covering half of the driver's side window. And this afternoon was a really nice, sunny day but there's no way in hell I'm rolling down my window! So I have to drive around with this gigantic BM plastered inches away from my face. And it's so embarassing driving around with it too, people try not to stare, but you can see them shaking their heads wondering why you don't go to the car wash and get that taken care of. So I just HAD to get it washed off right away. It didn't take very long, but there's still flecks of it left. Ugh.

G and I had a late late lunch at GS. We love that place. It's just good stuff. And the entire staff knows us, which is good and yet a little sad too. Cutie McCuterson was our server. He was very friendly to us today! I'm not such a good flirt and I don't know if it makes G awkward if I attempt to in front of him (not that he would be jealous or anything, but I can just see him laughing behind his napkin or making fun of me later). But he looks really young, and then what if I pull an ML and things don't work out and we have to stop going to GS? That would be terrible! Cutie McCuterson is cute, but not cute enough for me to stop eating at GS at least twice a week.

Tonight's my volunteer appreciation dinner at church. Hopefully DP will be there. I've got a nice outfit picked out tonight and then afterwards I'm going to try to go out with KA and the gang to HB.

Side note: Check out this new singer/songwriter Amos Lee. He opened for Norah Jones while she was on tour. His voice and songs are really mellow and soothing. I would say it's a mix of Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, and a female Norah Jones. She sings vocals on 2 of his songs, I believe.

1 comment:

vitamin g said...

flirt all you want, though i can't guarantee that i won't make fun of you or laugh behind my napkin :)

and what makes you think he's on your team, he did remember my order from last time, not yours.

gah-url, no i did'int. :P

and i would have guessed it would take a couple washings to get rid of the dumbo drop on your car, that thing was HUGE.