Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Neverending Search for a Roommate

Or a 1 BR apartment. I think I'm just a little too lazy about this, or I just don't show enough enthusiasm to the person renting out the apartment, because I've been searching for a new place for a few months now on and off, and haven't found a single thing. I think the worse thing is people tell me they have friends that need a roommate, so I get my hopes up and every time the person flakes out or doesn't respond to my email. And then I get kinda offended. I think it's the same feeling as the whole "So why are you still single?" (refer to ML's post). I am a GOOD roommate! I'm easy to get along with, am not very loud at night, like to clean, don't smoke, no pets, likes to bake cookies but doesn't like to eat them. I mean, COME ON. Really now, really.

So the latest endeavor happened tonight, we'll see by Friday if I get the place. I've been checking out Craigs List pretty regularly and every time I respond to someone's ad I feel like I'm writing a personal "24, likes to do this, likes to do that, stable income...". Tonight after hanging out for, like, 10 minutes at PH I headed over to MB. It's 2 guys, both 26 yr old, with a 3 story apt a block from the beach. When you're on the 3rd floor deck, you can see from Malibu to the O.C. It's gorgeous. But there's 2 downers: limited parking and no washer/dryer. But the 2 guys seemed really cool. One in particular, DB, was a cutie. I gave him my business card so he could email me "yes" or "no". If it doesn't work out, I'm thinking of emailing him back and asking if he'd like to hang out sometime. I googled him (heehee) and his stats sound pretty promising. What do y'all think?

5 comments:

5 By 5 said...

2 guys looking for a girl roomie? Sounds to me like they're looking for another girlfriend to go shopping with! lol.

Just kidding. Oooooh, the place sounds nice, if you get it, I had best be invited, since I've never once been invited to your current place. I see how I rate. I'm the unwanted Vitatwin, whatever, you're mean!

kq said...

OMG, you're right. I've been an awful friend, not inviting you over to my place! I'm sorry! :O I'm serious, btw, not just being sarcastic. Well, my place is really small and if it makes you feel any better G is the only person who has actually hung out here a few times. I'll have to invite everyone over sometime before my lease runs out.

Follow the Frog said...

I will keep my fingers crossed about this new place as the view sounds great and the cutie does too. Maybe he has cutie friends for all your single blogging peeps. You should definitely ask him to hang out (if you don't get the place!)

ML

P.S. It was fun hanging out last night!

Y. said...

I hope you get the place ... although, you know it's a bad idea to mess around with a roomie. Maybe you should save him for your "blogging peeps." (ML, did you really use that phrase? Seriously?) =)

Follow the Frog said...

yeah, I did. Don't be jealous that I invented and used first as cool a phrase as "blogging peeps"