Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Vacation Begins!

So tomorrow morning G and I begin our endeavor to Catalina Island for 2 days of fun and brainstorming. We're rooming together, so I'm anticipating lots of girl talk and pillow fights. ;) The rumor that's been going around is that they're renting golf carts and we're having a scavenger hunt around the island. Can't wait! Then right after we return, I'm off to Houston for 6 days with the Q family. I've been pretty good keeping up with Weight Watchers, but I have a feeling that I will succumb to the tasty goodies cooked by the Fattest City in the U.S. Goodbye flex points, hellooo brunch buffets, fried chicken, and crawfish!

I'm finally caught up with all my projects at work, and KISS is in England, so this week has been great so far. I know that as soon as I get back from vacation, it'll be crazy deadlines again and late nights, but at least I'll be somewhat refreshed and ready to jump right in. In addition to work, I also need to SERIOUSLY start looking for a new place. It dawned on me that I only have a month left to find a place, pack up all my crap and move, so I've got to start hustling. Speaking of apartments, DB never emailed or called me back (re: The Brave Little Email). Oh well, his loss. But maybe it's really my loss. I googled him and found this article about him written in college. He won a grant to study at Cambridge, was a Rhodes scholar finalist, was the president of his class 3 out of the 4 yrs, volunteered in Africa, sang in the gospel choir, and he also dabbles in oil painting and photography. Damn. There's a few more acheivements I didn't include too. At least it gives me hope that there are still a few overacheiving, nice single guys out in the world. But it'd be nice if I could actually nab one!

So I'm off. Am leaving work now to drive around MB and HB to find some rent signs. Hopefully I'll still post whilst I'm away, but if not, have a great 4th!

4 comments:

Y. said...

Vacation sounds fantastic! Have fun and don't think about the dumb boy. He's apparently not smart enough to realize what he's missing out on. =) Besides, that much perfection would get annoying after awhile.

5 By 5 said...

The vacay sounds like fun, and it's always nice to find out your bro is going on vacation from a 3rd party.

have fun you guys, and who know KQ, maybe you'll meet a cutie mccuterson in catalina for a little vacation fling!

Follow the Frog said...

did DB really do all those things??

kq said...

Yup. No joke. If you wanna email me, I can give you his real name and you can look it up yourself! I couldn't believe it either when I first searched.